Training: ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level
The Foundation for Professional Software Testing
The ISTQB Certified Tester program is an internationally recognized, manufacturer-independent training program for software testers. Only accredited training providers may deliver training courses that prepare participants for certification by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI), and OBJENTIS has the necessary accreditation. Systematic testing and verification are prerequisites for assuring high-quality software.There are numerous procedures and methods available, some developed by scientific institutions and others by private companies in daily practice. This course teaches the fundamental concepts of the methods, techniques and processes used in software testing.
The training course for the Foundation Level Certificate provides a comprehensive overview of software testing tasks, methods and techniques. Participants are instructed in all steps and activities pertaining to the software testing process, from test planning through to specification, execution, logging and final evaluation. The course syllabus includes the following topics:
- Fundamentals of software testing
- Testing throughout the software lifecycle: software development models, test levels, test objectives
- Test case writing process (selecting a test method, functional testing [“blackbox”] and structural testing [“white-box”])
- Static testing (review process and static analysis)
- Test management (test organization and planning, progress monitoring and management, deviation and defect management)
- Tool support for testing (benefits and risks, selection, implementation)
An ISTQB Certificate is recognized worldwide, and is therefore a very relevant qualification for anyone involved in software testing. The certificate confirms that the holder understands fundamental testing methods, is familiar with testing models and terms, and understands fundamental test processes. For clients, certifying their employees is a vital step towards a more professional software testing team.
Direct benefits of the training course include:
- Improved communication within the testing team due to common terminology
- Increased testing efficiency and effectiveness due to a methodological approach
- Creates a stepping stone towards achieving CMMI Level 3 & 4 on the company level